How can Apprenticeships benefit my business?
- You will get a motivated young person – they’ve already demonstrated they are keen to learn and progress, and you can train and develop them in the way you do things in your organisation – and typically, young apprenticeship recruits are grateful for the opportunity and become loyal and hardworking employees.
- Your business grows and productivity increases – having higher skilled employees and leads to more effective ways of working, increased outputs and improved customer experiences.
- You get new ideas sparked by learning – fresh thinking should always be encouraged, and developing the skills of your employees helps your business to deliver the highest quality products at the most competitive prices.
- You create a winning team culture – supporting employees and nurturing their desire to better themselves achieves their goals, as well as those of your business.
- You reduce staff turnover – by offering apprenticeships to you will be more likely to retain your staff and continually improve the way you do business.
- You may be eligible for grants – as long as your business has less than 1000 employees, you may get a £1,500 grant towards starting a new apprentice aged 16-24 and you can receive up to 10 grants such grants in any 12 month period.
Your role as an employer
Apprentices are employed by you and have the same rights as other employees and this includes paid time for study. Working alongside experienced staff to gain on-the-job experience, The apprenticeship will take at least 12 months to complete and will lead to a national recognised qualification. They receive the appropriate minimum wage from you, and funding may be available to support this wage, see below for more information (linking to funding section). THIS BIT DOESN’T TALLY WITH SECTION BELOW???
Funding for apprenticeships
Training organisations receive government funding for delivering apprenticeships on your behalf. The amount of funding available depends on the apprentice’s age and job role - 100% of training course fees 16-18 yr olds: , up to 50% for 19-24 age group; up to 40% (depending on sector) for those 25 and over.
What is the role of the Provider?
Range of apprenticeships
There are a wide range of apprenticeships available but obviously there will be some that are more specific to your areas of work. Boss Kit creates opportunities for the following subject areas;
- Business Administration
- Childcare, Learning & Development
- Customer Service
- Health & Social Care.
- Hospitality & Catering
- IT & Telecom Professionals
- Team Leading / Management
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
If you’re an Employer interested in learning more about how apprenticeship opportunities can grow your business, complete the below form and we will arrange to have a Provider contact you with further information.